The FDA is working on getting businesses and consumers the answers regarding the science, safety, and quality of products containing cannabis and cannabis-derived compounds, particularly CBD.
What the FDA Has Said Regarding CBD:
- They have approved one CBD product, a prescription drug product to treat two rare, severe forms of epilepsy.
- Currently, it is illegal to market CBD by adding it to food or labeling it as a dietary supplement.
- The FDA has seen only limited data about CBD safety, and these data point to real risks that need to be considered before taking CBD for any reason.
- Some CBD products are being marketed with unproven medical claims and are of unknown quality.
- The FDA will continue to update the public as it learns more about CBD.
- CBD can cause liver injury.
- CBD can affect the metabolism of other drugs, causing serious side effects.
- CBD use with alcohol or other Central Nervous System depressants increases the risk of sedation and drowsiness.
The information on this page comes directly from the FDA website. And is why we highly recommend you talk with your healthcare physician before adding CBD to your daily routine.
Why You Should Be Careful About Where You Buy Your CBD
Cannabidiol (CBD) products are everywhere. After the Farm Bill was signed into effect, it opened up an opportunity for businesses to grow their wellness sections with hemp-derived CBD products. This was great news for farms, scientists, and manufacturers who take the health and wellness industry seriously and work hard to provide natural, safe, and effective CBD products. The lack of FDA regulations and research means, consumers need to care about who they are buying their CBD from.
Molecular CBD Shop is Committed to Providing Natural & Safe CBD Products
Molecular CBD Shop has partnered with a fantastic manufacturer who cares about the quality of our hemp-derived products. Our industrial hemp farm is located up in Oregon, where the hemp is organically grown and tested to free of harsh chemicals, metals, and pesticides. This ensures that our phytocannabinoid-rich hemp if of the highest quality and potency even before reaching our cGMP and FDA registered facility where the organic hemp is formulated into natural, safe, and effective CBD products that we sell!
Once the products are created, not only are they in-house and third-party tested, our labels are too! From plant to bottle, we ensure that you are getting the best hemp-derived CBD oil drops, softgels, relief rubs, and edible, vegan gummies you can buy.