We wanted to help you out! The CBD community has its own language of words you will see on CBD stores, blogs, and social media. Some of the verbiage you may know, others you may not.
The Molecular CBD Dictionary is here to help! We provide you a quick and easy guide to help you understand the definition of common words you will see in the cannabis community.
Words are in alphabetical order.
The CBD Dictionary
Bioavailability refers to how much and at what rate the cannabidiol gets absorbed into your bloodstream.
Broad-Spectrum Hemp Extract is a pure oil extracted from the hemp plant and contains beneficial cannabinoids, terpenes, and fatty acids. There is no THC compound in this hemp extract.
Cannabidiol or CBD is the active ingredient in cannabis-derived from the hemp plant.
Cannabinoid refers to a class of compounds (i.e., CBD, CBG, CBN) that acts on the cannabinoid receptors.
- Endocannabinoid System or ECS is a biological system in your body. It plays a role in regulating a range of functions and processes like sleep, mood, appetite, memory, and reproduction, and fertility. Even if you don't use CBD, this system is live and active.
- Entourage Effect refers to the phenomenon found in cannabis compounds act together to improve the therapeutic benefits of CBD.
- Flavanoids protect the plant at a cellular level but also are responsible for the flavor and aroma of the plant. They have potent anti-oxidant effects.
- Full-Spectrum Hemp Extract is a pure oil extracted from the hemp plant and contains beneficial cannabinoids, terpenes, and fatty acids. It may have small traces of THC (0.3% or less). It is often referred to as the "whole or full plant" extract.
Holistic Health refers to the whole-person approach to health and healing that includes body, mind, and soul, as well as environmental qualities.
- Hydrophilic means liquid friendly. It refers to the attraction a molecular compound has to water. This process also increases the bioavailability of the cannabinoids into our bodies.
Nano-Emulsion refers to how the hemp was processed to provide exceptionally high bioavailability and therapeutic effects of the cannabinoids. This process makes the cannabidiol oil a water-soluble oil.
Phytocannabinoid refers to the natural cannabinoids found in the cannabis plant.
Phytocannabinoid Rich Hemp Oil (PCR) refers to the whole-plant extract and contains all the beneficial elements of the cannabinoids, terpenes, chlorophyll, flavonoids, and fatty acids.
- Sublingual refers to placing the CBD oil under your tongue and holding it for 30-60 seconds.
- Terpenes refer to the natural compounds that give off the aroma of the plant. In CBD this also help give you the "entourage effect" which helps your body process CBD more naturally.
- Water Soluble refers to a CBD oil that can be dissolved in water. A water-soluble CBD can make a product more effective since your body absorbs almost 100% of the cannabinoids.