Today’s recipe is all about quality. You may read “Mint Matcha Latté” and think basic. But this green concoction is so much more. It’s research-backed, and tastebud approved.
My favorite thing about CBD is its innate ability for getting us into parasympathetic mode. This is our rest and digest mode - the one we’re supposed to be accessing while we sleep. I say supposed to because so many of us are stuck in sympathetic mode, a.k.a. fight or flight, often due to chronic stress and overstimulation. (Think blue light from phones and computer screens, lack of sunlight and grounding, overbooking ourselves, etc.)
The calming effects of CBD, mixed with the l-theanine found in matcha make for an unparalleled duo. L-theanine is an amino acid that has the unique ability to cross the blood-brain barrier, which is why matcha provides an even-tempered energy boost rather than the peak-and-crash of coffee.
Ingredients you need for today’s Minty CBD Matcha Latté recipe is:
- 1-1.5 tsp Japanese matcha green tea
- ¼ cup hot water
- Broad-spectrum CBD Mint Oil by Molecular CBD Shop - (Learn more about dosage here)
- 1 cup almond milk, or milk of choice
- Warm-up your water over the stove or microwave (make sure it’s not boiling!) and then add your matcha. Either using a hand whisk or a blender, make sure to combine completely so that no clumps remain.
- Add your milk, followed by your preferred amount of CBD, and give it a good stir.
- Pour over ice and enjoy!
**For extra matcha goodness, you can make matcha ice cubes ahead of time by completing Step 1 with 1 cup of water, and once combined, dividing among an ice tray mold.
This is an original recipe by @shelbytorrese