Summertime brings all sorts of delicious, refreshing beverages. Adding CBD into your favorite infused drinks is a great way to get your daily microdose of CBD. And I couldn't wait to share with you some of my new favorite CBD recipes!
CBD, or cannabidiol, is a cannabinoid found in the cannabis plant. Although many people hear cannabis and automatically think about getting high, not all the cannabinoids found in cannabis, have that effect.
CBD is one of those cannabinoids. CBD will not get you high. THC is the only cannabinoid that produces a high, and in the hemp plant, CBD is the cannabinoid that is more prevalent with less than 0.3% of THC. It's why hemp-derived CBD is legal in the United States.
CBD devotees (like me) loves using CBD for the therapeutic benefits it offers our bodies. Your body naturally produces its endocannabinoids that work to help your body when it is out of balance.
When you take CBD, it helps those endocannabinoids do their job. CBD naturally supports balance in your body, regulating inflammation, soothing anxiety, and more.
The more consistent one is with using CBD, the better results over time they will see. It's why we are huge advocates at daily microdosing your CBD.
Microdosing CBD can be as easy as taking your favorite CBD gummy, softgel, or oil drops, or spice it up and add it to your favorite beverages. Here are some of my favorite CBD infused drinks you can make at home and drink morning, noon, and night!
Start your morning with a delicious CBD infused coffee.
For most Americans, morning coffee is part of their wake up routine, adding CBD is a great way to get your caffeine fix, while keeping away the jitters that can come with it. Coffee infused with CBD may help you feel less tired, more focused, and improve your mood. Try this minty CBD iced coffee cooler recipe for your next morning cup of joe.
Minty CBD Iced Coffee Cooler
Minty CBD Iced Coffee Cooler is a thirst-quenching wake-me-up beverage made with six simple ingredients, this recipe needs some prepping the night before.
- 1 cup freshly brewed coffee
- 1 tablespoon raw local honey
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup coconut milk or almond milk
- 1 dropper of Mint CBD Oil (or desired dosage)
- Brew your favorite coffee.
- Mix the honey and cocoa powder into the coffee.
- Pour the mixture into ice cube trays and place them in the freezer until solid.
- Once ice cubes are solid, pour milk into a glass and add ice cubes.
- Add in the drops of CBD oil and stir.
Enjoy your cup of joe.
Take a mid-day lunch break and enjoy a refreshing infused iced tea.
After a morning of meetings and emails, you get your afternoon going with some green tea. Green tea is the best drink 2 hours before or after your meals to maximize the benefits offered. You can get your afternoon caffeine without the rush you get from your morning coffee.
Green tea infused with CBD is a great way to avoid an afternoon energy crash while keeping you focused and relaxed for your afternoon work schedule. Try this minty CBD iced green tea refresher recipe for your next afternoon pick me up.
Minty CBD Iced Green Tea Refresher
Minty CBD Iced Green Tea Refresher is just that, refreshing! Made with five simple ingredients it's the perfect mid-afternoon treat.
- 8 cups of water
- 1/4 cup of local raw honey
- 5 teaspoons of loose green tea (5 bags of green tea)
- 4 mint leaves
- 3-4 droppers of Mint CBD Oil (or desired dosage per serving)
- Boil 3 of the 8 cups of water and pour it into a large bowl.
- Add the honey and tea to the hot water and steep for 20 minutes.
- When cooled, strain the infused water into a pitcher.
- Add the rest of the water.
- Add the CBD Oil Drops and stir (Make sure the water is cooled.)
- Serve over ice and garnish with additional mint sprigs.
Enjoy your afternoon tea.
Create your happy hour with one of these CBD infused cocktails.
At the end of the workday, sometimes an at-home happy hour is the best way to relax. Cocktails infused with CBD will leave you feeling calm and mellow and allow you to enjoy a couple of drinks and wake up for your morning workout. Try these minty CBD cocktail recipes for your next at-home happy hour!
Minty CBD Limeade Cocktail
Minty CBD Limeade Cocktail is a refreshing, tart, and sweet beverage made with six simple ingredients. This one is best made in the morning and then chilled for our evening enjoyment.
- 5-6 limes (or ¾ cup of lime juice)
- 1/4 cup of local raw honey
- 1/4 cup fresh mint
- 2 ½ cups of club soda
- 6 ounces of vodka
- 4 droppers of Mint CBD Oil (or desired dosage per serving)
- Combine lime juice, raw honey, and mint in a cup and stir until the mixture is well blended. Muddle the mint in the process.
- Refrigerate until chilled.
- When ready to enjoy your drink, add the club soda to a pitcher, strain the mixture into the pitcher through a fine-mesh sleeve to remove the mint.
- Add the CBD Oil Drops and stir.
- Pour the limeade into a cocktail glass filled with ice, and then serve.
Minty CBD Strawberry Spritzer Cocktail
Minty CBD Strawberry Spritzer Cocktail is a fresh, fruity, and thirst-quenching beverage made with six simple ingredients ready in just 10 minutes.
- 10 ounces frozen sliced strawberries
- 2 liters lemon-lime sparkling soda
- 12 ounces frozen pink lemonade concentrate thawed
- 1/2 cup fresh mint roughly chopped
- 10 droppers of Mint CBD Oil (or desired dosage per serving)
- 15 ounces of rum
- strawberries diced, optional topping
- lime sliced, optional topping
- Blend or puree your strawberries.
- In a large pitcher, stir together soda, 1/4 cup chopped mint (more if desired), and lemonade concentrate.
- Add the pureed strawberries to the bottom of the serving pitcher.
- Add CBD drops to the mixture.
- Gently pour in the mint & lemonade mixture on top of the pureed strawberries, garnish with lime slices, diced strawberries, and mint leaves.
- Stir, serve with ice.
Note: This recipe is adapted from Taste of Home
Enjoy your evening of cocktails!
CBD is best benefited in the body when taking it consistently. Adding CBD to your favorite beverages is more fun, refreshing way to get it your daily dose of cannabinoids to support balance in your body.